Josie is 23 months old TODAY!
We have been so busy lately and I've been awful about taking pictures. However, I will be using the camera A LOT soon with Christmas coming up! I can't wait!
What our little girl has been up to lately.............
* Josie LOVES Jesus! We have our Little People Nativity set out for the holidays and she loves to carry around Baby Jesus. Josie stayed with her Grandmommy and JJ for a little bit this afternoon and they were looking through the Toys R Us ad and Josie immediately pointed out Baby Jesus to them in the ad (It was a pic of our nativity set on sale!) Not only can she point him out, she loves to sing about him! We have been singing "Jesus Loves Me" at bedtime and now Josie is trying to sing it herself! That makes me happy :)
* Speaking of Toys R Us ads... Josh and I laugh that we are VERY anxious for the holidays to be over, because Josie is obsessed with ALL of the toy ads! She will say, "read! read!" but really she just wants to point out Dora, Elmo, Mickey and any baby that she sees! We will have to make sure Santa knows about some of her favorites!
* Santa!!! Josie points out Santa everywhere we go! She loves to point at him, talk about him, BUT I'm pretty sure we won't be getting a picture with him this year! She doesn't want to be near him, but just look at him from a distance.
* We have put up our Christmas trees and Josie doesn't really seem to bother them at all. I wasn't sure if she would pull on ornaments or try to unwrap gifts, but she really just ignores them. However, she is quite proud of her pink tree in her room!
* Favorite toys: BABIES!!!! Josie loves to dress her babies in her own clothes, pretend to feed them and even "change" their diaper. She's starting to do more "pretend" things now...One of her favorites is to get on the couch, say "up" (means cover up with blanket) and pretend to be sleeping until you wake her up!
* Bedtime is around 8:30 and she sleeps until 7:30. We have skipped nap time a few times this week.... PLEASE, OH PLEASE PRAY THAT SHE'S NOT GIVING UP HER NAP :) Typical nap time while at "school" is from 12:30-2 but she always naps later at home... more like 2-4. She also cracks me up at bedtime, because she will do anything to not go to bed! As I carry her to bed, she will say "Eat! Eat!!" or if I'm rocking her, she will immediately say "No, Daddy!" (and vise versa if he's rocking her)
* Favorite food -- cheez its, cheese (NOT American cheese anymore, though), bananas, chicken nuggets, pizza and anything with "dip!" Josie will dip anything... she takes after me! I'm a "condiment" kind of gal :) She's still not a big eater.
* Size 5 shoes and mostly 18-24 month clothes (except 2T in dresses and pj's)
* Josie's vocabulary is definitely expanding!!! She will repeat anything you say these days! She's very good to say "please" and "thank you", which makes me proud.
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WILL BE SAYING THAT I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD THIS TIME NEXT MONTH! WOW, TIME FLIES! I'm not sure what we will do for Josie's birthday party, but I'll be working on that soon. I'm a little behind this year!