Saturday, December 10, 2011

Winter Fun!

Wow, it's almost Christmas! It's hard to believe that it's only 2 weeks away!

We have been busy around here!

Josh has been studying for his Law School finals A LOT!

2 down, 2 more to go.....


Josie and I have been trying to keep busy with some fun holdiay activities..... baking, coloring, decorating, shopping, etc....



Our 2nd Christmas tree (Living Room)



Can you believe we got our first snow here in NOVEMBER!!!!!!
It didn't last long, but we sure enjoyed it while it was here :)


Elfie continues to make visits.... Last Saturday, he brought Josie some donut holes for breakfast and a present! She loved her new book, "What is Christmas?" It is a great book to remind us of the real reason that we celebrate Christmas. Speaking of that, I would love to have a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. I love that idea!





This picture may not look significant to you, but.....

It symbolizes a new stage we are entering in our house.

Josie is not really consistent with taking naps these days.

I really dreaded this day coming, but I can honestly say that it's a-okay!

Josie is at such a fun age that we are always into something and having fun, so I forget sometimes that she hasn't even taken a nap! However, Josie enjoys lying on the couch all bundled up and watching Dora. So, she still does have a little bit of down time and I can knock out a few things around the house at the same time!



Did you know that we have a musician in our household!?!?

Josie LOVES the harmonica. Ok, this is rather humorous, because my grandfather (my dad's dad) has always played the harmonica. He carries one with him at all times. He has always bought all of his grandchildren a harmonica and tries to get us interested, but he's had no luck. Well, no luck UNTIL Josie came around. Josie loves it! She plays her harmonica all of the time! My grandfather is pretty proud. I need to get a pic of them together with their harmonicas :)



Funny Story/Side Note: There is a house out in the country near where we live that is always really, really decorated for Christmas. It's unbelievable! Well, we took Josie out there this past weekend to see the lights. The family allows viewers to drive through and look at lights and even Santa makes an appearance at times. Well, little did we know that he was there the night that we went. We had the windows down so that Josie could really see the lights and we were just about to drive out of their driveway when we heard a LOUD "Ho Ho HO!!!!!" Santa was right up next to our car, but he came from behind the car where we could not see him coming and startled us ALL. Josie SCREAMED louder than I have ever heard and she began shaking!!!! Santa said, "Oh, I am so sorry" and ran off realizing what he had done :( I had to jump in the backseat with Josie to try to calm her down all the way home!!!


Needless to say, I don't think we will attempt going to sit on Santa's lap this year! I am pretty sure my child is scarred for life :(










No comments:

Post a Comment