Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!


We had a very low key Father's Day around here. Josie gave her daddy a nice gift and slept til almost 9:30 this morning (although we were up much earlier than that... why is that always the case?!?!) Josh has been very busy working on some "home projects" at the house (more on that later) and we allowed time to slip away from us and we missed church today :( Josh worked ALL day on some projects. It seems like a bad way for Josh to spend his Father's Day, but he enjoys "projects" and staying busy! Have I ever mentioned that I'm married to a workaholic?!?! Josie enjoyed being his helper! Josie and I went to visit my mom, grandmother and uncle for a little bit. After leaving there, Josie and I went to the cemetery to put flowers on Josh's dad's grave. I plan to make this a tradition for us on Father's Day. I can't wait to tell Josie more about her Granddaddy Shearon as she gets older. He was very special and loved her VERY much.


My dad is out of town. So, we hope to celebrate with him once he gets back to town! We usually try to go out to eat for Father's Day, but we actually ate all three meals at home today! Josh said he really enjoyed having homecooked meals for a change :) We did finish off the day with a DQ Cookie Dough blizzard.... that has become our Sunday night tradition! Can you tell that we love food?!? After our ice cream, we stopped by to see JJ and wish him a Happy Father's Day, too! Josie sure loves her JJ!

Josie helping her Daddy open his presents :)



the mug that Josie made for Daddy at school :)


I am so thankful to have such a caring and supportive dad, who has always been there for me. I am also blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is an incredibly loving, patient and generous daddy for our sweet Josie. We are also celebrating all of the other special men in our lives that are wonderful father figures and we are remembering all of our loved ones who have gone to Heaven. We miss them so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment