Monday, June 20, 2011

What We've Been Up to & Josie-isms

Our sweet little girl was sick for a little over a week. Poor thing was pitiful! She had a fever off and on for the first few days and her eyes were puffy, had a runny nose and was so sleepy. The doctor said it was just allergies and had to run its course with a little help from some medicine. We missed the last 2 days of swim lessons, because Josie was sick :(





We have been busy the past few weeks. We went with my in-laws to eat at Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen in Memphis to celebrate our birthdays. It was WONDERFUL! We had such a great time.


Josh and I also took Josie last weekend to Lambuth Day to say farewell to our alma mater. The day went a little differently than expected due to rain. However, we enjoyed seeing some great friends and catching up. I wish we could have stayed longer, but it was still a fun time! I didn't get a single pic that day, because it was so hectic, but we hope to take Josie back soon to get some pictures on the LU campus. We are so sad to see the university close. We made many friends and great memories at that special place!



Josie is ALL better now!

Our sweet girl LOVES to be outside. We haven't used her new swimming pool in a couple of weeks since she's been under the weather. Now that she's better, she enjoys watering the flowers and has discovered that a water fight is fun, too! If Josh had been here the other night, I would have gotten him to take my picture after my child totally attacked me with the hose! It was pretty funny!


I think Josie has changed so much recently. Josh and I laugh and say that she will say ANYTHING! She asks all kinds of questions.... "What's that called?", "Where did (fill in the blank) go?", etc. She talks about everything and is very observant. She will say the craziest things! Her new favorite line is, "My tummy hurting!" We are still trying to decide what she means by this. I think sometimes she says that when she is hungry and even when she wants attention. She tells us this at least 10 times a day. She makes us laugh every single day. She also is going through the "terrible two's"... major temper tantrums and fits. I need to get it on video asap :) We are really working on this! A couple of times she has thrown a major fit, she will look at me and say, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy" -- I guess that's supposed to make it all better :) I try not to laugh! Also, Josh told her the other day not to do something and she came running to me saying, "Daddy told me no! Go get him!" ha! She's a sensitive little gal. She is constantly telling us that we hurt her feelings or that we are bothering her. Obviously they are learning to express emotions and different feelings at school!


We are still working on potty training! She's doing really well with it. Josie's in "big girl panties" all of the time now except for nap and bedtime. Knock on wood, NO TEE TEE ACCIDENTS lately! We are still working on the other kind, but she did do it in the potty this weekend and we did a "poopy dance!!!" She picked out a new toy, too. We are hoping this will be more consistent soon. Josie's VERY proud of going to the potty and will completely go on her own now and then tell us. Then, she will say, "cookie for potty??" or "candy for potty?!" Smart girl :)






Our sweet girl loves to say the blessing at meal time. She says, "Thank you God for our food. Amen." This is her blessing from school. Such a sweetheart :) Makes my heart happy!


Josie says her prayers every night at bedtime, as well. She tickles me with the funny things that she prays for and she never forgets her friends and family.


Josie is still a bit of a picky eater. She still will not eat much fruit except for bananas and apples. Absolutely NO strawberries. She loves cheese, yogurt, cheetos, blueberry muffins, green beans, peanut butter, granola bars, pancakes, turkey and chicken. I'm trying to introduce her to new things often. I do not want her to be a picky eater for life!


Josie's imagination has started going wild! She seems to pretend and role play more lately. She plays with her babies and will hug and kiss them and tell them to stop crying. She will pretend to read books to me and her dolls. She loves to go grocery shopping in the house and then come to me so that we can ring it up on her cash register. I love seeing her personality come out!




No comments:

Post a Comment