Saturday, January 15, 2011

Random Thoughts (and Pictureless Post)

Just some random thoughts while they're on my mind
(and I know I will forget if I don't record NOW!)
These are just a few funny things that I don't want to forget!


* Have I mentioned Josie's obsession with the potty!??! I think this new (and very popular) topic of discussion at our house began when Josie received a few baby dolls for Christmas. She suddenly showed A LOT of interest in going to the potty and all babies must wear a diaper. She will even tell you when the baby has a "Eww" diaper! So, we have started potty training at our house. This is one of the toughest things I have come across as a Mom. We are using bribery as our strategy -- M &M's work pretty good for us! (I will have to designate an entire post on this subject... I could go on and on!)


* Josie is a snacker! The last time I really remember her eating big meals consistently was when she was first introduced to "real" food a year ago. She really prefers to snack throughout the day. I'm pretty sure she gets this awful habit from me! Also, I'm sad to say that we don't have a very good diet around here. Josie prefers pancakes, cheese, chips, goldfish and pizza. She will eat bananas but that's about the only fruit she prefers these days. I think the issue with fruit has always been a texture thing for her. She will immediately spit out strawberries, oranges, etc.


* Not only is she a "snacker", she's a DRINKER! Josie definitely drinks way more in a day than she ever thought about eating. She used to really only want milk and would choose it over juice. This has recently changed. We still do half water/half juice. I'm thinking of limiting her to only once sippy cup of juice a day and milk or water the rest of the day.


* Josie loves wipes! She's forever bringing the box of wipes around the house and pulling out a bunch to clean her baby or wipe her baby's nose. If I could only get her to focus that obsession on wiping down some counters or something! Maybe one day :) If I had a dime for every time in a day that I say, "just one wipe, Josie!", I would be one rich girl!


* Josie loves to read! She mostly wants to read at night time. The three books that she likes the most right now are: 5 little monkeys, the Dog book and Llama Llama Red Pajama. She actually even sleeps with these books at night (along with her bunny!)

1 comment:

  1. We also LOVE "wipeys" at this house and Meg says Llama llama red pajama makes her sad, so she won't read it anymore .

    ReplyDelete