Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

Before I begin, I have to confess... I was terrible this weekend about taking pictures! We had a great weekend. Josie and I had a normal night at home on Friday with lots of playing and getting ready for the weekend! Josie is back on medicine for her cough and the doctor called in another round of antibiotics. Cross your fingers she's back to feeling her normal self again soon! She's been SUPER clingy lately and I'm hoping it is just a result of her feeling so bad lately. In the past month, she's had a bad cough, double pink eye, ear infection and a cold. However, I am preparing myself.... I think we are also dealing with a gal with bad allergies :( With all of that being said, Josie went to bed early on Friday night.

Josh worked on real estate stuff all day on Saturday. So, Josie and I stayed around the house in the morning. My uncle, cousin and his girlfriend came to visit us Saturday afternoon. We were supposed to meet in Jackson to eat, but my grandmother hasn't been feeling well and we decided at the last minute to stick around Brownsville. So, we all ate together at the retirement center where my grandmother lives. Josie had a BLAST running around and she couldn't get enough of my cousin Charlie throwing her up in the air!!! He would say, "Do you want me to do it again?" Josie would give her typical answer of "Alright!" (She never says, "yes!" It's always "No" or "Alright!"). Josie also LOVES pushing my grandmother's walker around. It's pretty cute!




Josie never took a nap all day, but she crashed around 7:30pm and slept til 8:15 on Sunday morning! I might have to get Charlie to come back more often if that's the trick to her sleeping so long :)
I actually went to Memphis on Sunday to visit my good friend, Sharon. We have been trying to get together for lunch to celebrate her passing the Bar!!!! I can't believe that I didn't take any pics of us, but we were so busy talking (as always), that I forgot!!! Josh took Josie to church with him and then by the time I came home, they were napping :) I quickly got organized when I got home to head to Wal Mart and do our weekly grocery shopping for the restaurant. Then, I did something that I haven't done in a very long time..... Cook dinner for us! It's so rare for us to actually sit down to a home cooked meal here these days. We will usually get food from Kreme Kastle or do something very quick at home. So, it was nice to sit down and enjoy a meal together... all 3 of us!
Busy week ahead.... Halloween!!! I can't wait to see what Josie will think about it this year! Will she wear the costume or not!??! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment