Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cake Pop Disaster

So.... I thought I had a great idea. I had seen a great recipe on another blog for "cake pops." They looked like the perfect Friday night project for me and Josie. I thought we could make them for our friends and family for Easter. I bought all of the ingredients and was very excited to share the fun with Josie! The general idea is to mix cake and frosting, roll into balls, put onto sticks, refrigerate, dip into melted chocolate and decorate.

Sounds pretty simple, huh?!?! Yea, that's what I thought....





Well, fun was definitely had by all :)

Ha!

We shared lots of laughs....

lots of "sugar"...



LOTS of messes....



And... I learned lots of lessons! I'm not sure that giving food coloring and a bottle of sprinkles to a 2 year old was very smart....







Our "Cake Pops Project" turned into more of an art project and a MAJOR clean up session for me after bath and bedtime. Our cake pops did NOT turn out, but we had a blast and made some fun memories!


















No comments:

Post a Comment